THE NIGERIA POLICE ABIA STATE COMMAND
EMERGENCY NUMBERS (24HRS) 08080897172
GOD’S OWN STATE BASIC SECURITY AND EMERGENCY INFORMATION
WHAT TO DO WHEN ACCOSTED BY A POLICE OFFICER
- Listen to him/her
- Allow him/her to discharge his/her duties
- Do not respond violently
- Do not offer any form of inducement before, during or after the discharge of his/her duty
- Request for an identity card if the officer is in plain clothes
WHEN IN DOUBT ABOUT HIS/HER CONDUCT
Do not react violently! Take down his/her name, number and description of the type of vehicle used
- Call Police Public Complaint Bureau or A22 08080897172
If the person accosting you has no identity card, or does not display either names or number on his Police uniform. “BE CAREFUL” that person may not be a Police Officer.
Fighting crime is a collective responsibility Let us all make Abia State a better place.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
POLICE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER:
COMMISSIONER OF POLICE
ABIA STATE COMMAND
OTHER ADDITIONAL HINTS
CONFESSED WITCHES: TRIAL BY ORDEAL
Section 207 and 210 of the Criminal Code Cap 7.7 laws of the Federation,1990 makes it an offence e.g. 207 refers to the trial by ordeal. 210 Any person who by his statement or actions represent himself to be a witch craft or have the power of witchcraft;
Accuses or threatens to accuse any person with being a witch or with having the power of witchcraft;
Directs or controls or presides at or takes in the worship or invocation of juju which is prohibited by an ordeal of the State Commissioner.
POLICE PUBLIC COMPLAINTS BUREAU
The Abia State Police Command has established a Public Complainant Bureau A22 essentially to monitor and regulate possible excessive conduct of some Police Officers with members of the public in the cause of discharging their duties.
ACTION ON EVENT OF DISTRESS
The Abia State Police command, poised in its bid to combat crime in all its entirety has embarked upon a publicity outreach, crime control and strategy for the benefit of residents, corporate organizations visitors to God’s own state.
The aim is tobring to the notice of members of the public our response lines for the single purpose of ensuring co-operation from the citizens to enhance the eradication of crime in the state. Also, in case of distress, kidnap threat or any emergency this vital information will integrate all sectors in responding to all calls against armed robbery attack, medical, emergency, industrial and fire incidence, riots etc. To which residents, visitors, government, business premises and property in the state are exposed to.
Shown below are the designations and their respective numbers;
UMUAHIA AREA COMMAND/DIVISIONS
- UMUNNEOCHI (ISUDCHI)
- D5(SARS) UMUAHIA
Inform your movement out of town to only trusted neighbors.
- Do not board a vehicle with two or more passengers inside, they may be armed robbers or kidnappers.
- Enter vehicle only at recognized motor parks.
- Screen your house helps or guards before employing them.
- While travelling long distances anytime it gets dark, check into the nearest hotel and continue the next day.�Do not open the door of your house to unknown person(s). Teach your house help and children same.
- Call any of the emergency number if you are not sure of any movement around your premises.
- Make sure there is some credit in your GSM sets at night you may need it to save your life or that of others.
- Do not keep huge sum of money at home.
- Always ask for identity of persons who pose as
- Security Personnel, Power Holdings or other Utility
- Staff before you open your door.
- If you notice suspicious persons tracing you, drive to
- the nearest Police Station.
- Ensure to lock all doors and windows at night.
- Provide adequate security light in your house and business premises.
- Remove any object which can aid another into your house i.e Ladder, table, stools etc.
- Screen domestic staff before employment and obtain their photograph.
- Vary your routes to and from the banks.
Military Information Center, Abia State:
Call if there is any Emergency, distress or useful information.