Here comes Abia identity
25 years after her creation as a Federating Unit in the Nigeria Federation, Abia has joined other Federating Units like Lagos, Bayelsa, Osun, Cross River etc to unveil and establish its own identity.
Henceforth, here are the new symbols of Abia State…
Black and Gold Eagle signifying STRENGTH and GRACE.
Silver, quartered in Blue, Gold, Earth and Green signifying LABOUR and ENTERPRISE (Blue) , Sun and abundance of WARMTH (GOLD), Welcoming & Receptive Nature of Abians (Earth) and Fertility (Green).
The Central Elephant is the Traditional Image of Abia (Enyi). While
The Open Book signifies Education, Scholarship and The Holy Bible
The 4 Ordinaries are
1. Artisan (Artisanship/enterprising nature of Abians)
2. The Abia Tower (The central Abia Figure)
3. Industry (Productivity in manufacturing and oil & gas)
4. Handshake (Business and commerce)
The base of Marigold Field: on which The Shield Stands, and Supported by 4 Palm Trees further signifying fertility and the abundance
The Flag: The base theme of the design centers on Black and Gold, which are the nationally allotted colours of Abia State. The gold tells of Abundance & Wealth while Blacks speaks of the people and the fertility of the land.
* The flag incorporates the Abia Coat of Arms and a green forward facing pennant indicative of life and progress.
* The Background is predominantly white, signifying peace.