Disbursement of 3rd Tranche of Paris Club Refund by Labour-led Committee
The Trade unions-dominated Committee on the disbursement of the 3rd tranche of Paris Club Refund to Abia State concluded its work yesterday and shared the funds as follows:
Salaries and Pensions: N3.2b
Infrastructure projects: N2.5b
Total Received: N5.7b
The portion allocated to settlement of outstanding salaries and pensions was distributed as follows:
1. State Pension: 2 months, N820,000,000
2. LG Pension: 1 month, N359,000,000
3. HMB: 2 months, N120,300,000
4. ASUBEB: 2 months, N39,100,000
5. SEMB: 2 months, N798,000,000
6. ABSU: 2 months, N200,000,000
7. ABSUTH: 2 months, N200,000,000
8. Abia Poly: 2 months, N180,000,000
9. Arochukwu Tech: 2 months, N40,000,000
10. COHTEC: 3 months, N30,000,000
11. Primary Sch: 1 month, N650,000,000
Total disbursed for payment of salaries and pensions: N3.4b
Please note that these payments are less Payee. Also note that the total is above N3.2b provided for salaries and pensions.
However, Governor Okezie Ikpeazu approved that these payments commence immediately while the shortfall will be augmented on receipt of this month’s FAAC Allocation.
According to the Honorable Commissioner for Finance, Mr Obinna Oriaku and the Chairman of Nigeria Labour Congress in Abia State, Comrade Uchenna Obigwe, affected workers should start receiving payment alerts from Friday, 12/1/18.
It should be noted that MDAs that make up more than 70% of the state workforce are up to date with salaries as they received their December 2017 salaries in December 2017.
Also note that Abia State Government was the only state government in Nigeria that handed over 100% of the 2nd tranche of Paris Club Refund inflow to workers of the state to pay part of the outstanding salaries and pensions in 2017.