GOVERNMENT SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT
ABIA STATE YOUTH EMPOWERMENT PROGRAMME
His Excellency, the Governor of Abia State, Chief T.A. Orji (Ochendo) has approved the commencement of a youth empowerment programme for the youths of Abia State aimed at engaging them meaningfully at the Local Government via skills acquisition.
The conditions are as follows:
1. Aba North LGA —– 250 Youths
2. Aba South LGA————— 350 Youths
3. Arochukwu LGA————- 240 Youths
4. Bende LGA ——————300 Youths
5. Ikwuano LGA—————- 220 Youths
6. Isiala Ngwa North———— 220 Youths
7. Isiala Ngwa South———— 220 Youths
8. Isiukwuato——————-220 Youths
9. Obingwa LGA ————— 300 Youths
10. Ohafia LGA ———— 300 Youths
11. Osisioma LGA —– 250 Youths
12. Ugwunagbo LGA— 220 Youths
13. Ukwa East LGA—– 200 Youths
14. Ukwa West LGA—- 200 Youths
15. Umuahia North LGA— 300 Youths
16. Umuahia South LGA——— 300 Youths
17. Umunneochi LGA—- 220 Youths
Total ————————- 4,430 Youths
The State Party Chairman and his Executives are hereby directed to mandate the Local Government Party Executives to convey a meeting of the relevant Local Government Stakeholders to compile and submit names of youths as assigned to their Local Governments to the Office of the Honourable Commissioner for Chieftaincy Affairs on or before 24th October 2011.
The total number of youths from each Local Government must be shared equitable amongst the wards of the Local government using ABSIEC Ward.