Abia State is an agricultural investor’s delight. With fertile lands and located in the rainforest belt of Eastern Nigeria. Most crops do very well in the state. The State had numerous commercial agricultural companies but most of them packed up over time due to mismanagement and corruption.
The Abia State Government is therefore desirous of entering into partnership with investors that willassistherdevelop her agriculturalpotentials. Atthemoment, the Frie-EI Consortium of Italy are vigorously reactivated the Abia Palm Estate in Ohambele, Ukwa-East Local Government Area
The company, which has already revitalized the Mbawsi Oil Mill as a show of its capabilities, are set to turn the fortunes of the vast Ohambele Palm Estate around.
The State Government has equally acquired land at Okwoi for the pilot project of massive planting of plantains and bananas using the Songhai Farm model in conjunction with the Catholic Diocese of Umuahia.
INVESTORS ARE INVITED TO CONSIDER TAKING OVER AND REVITALISING THE FOLLOWING MORIBUND GOVERNMENT-OWNED AGRICULTURAL CONCERNS.
1. ABIA GOLDEN CHICKEN LIMITED, OGWE, UKWA EAST
Land Area – 360 Hc
Project – Poultry Production
2. ABIA LIVESTOCK FARM, OKOKO ITEM, BENDE LG.A
Land Area – 75Hc
Project – Poultry production, Cattle, Piggery, Sheep and Goat Rearing, Honey Production, Fishery and sundry related products.
3. ABIA CASHEW COMPANY, MBALA, ISUOCHI, UMUNNEOCHI
Land Area – 160Hc Planted, 28Hc Fallow Project Cashew Nut, by-product Production
4. ABIA COCOA ESTATE, AGBAOZU, UZUAKOLI, BENDE
Land Area - 220Hc
Projects – Cocoa and Cocoa Beans Production
5. ABIA FARM, LODU NDUME, UMUAHIA NORTH
Land Area - 22Hc
Projects - Fish Production,
- 100,000 improved oil palm seedlings, which has been distributed to Abia farmers.
- 55 Tractors acquired for distribution to farmers in Abia State.
- Over I million improved F3 Amazon Cocoa Seedlings distributed free of charge to Abia farmers.
- Oil Palm Estates in the State ceded to Foreign InvestorsLand acquired at Okwoyi for the pilot project of massive planting of plantains and bananas using the Songhai farm model.